Many business owners choose to use Linux as the operating system for their operations for a variety of reasons.
- Firstly, they don’t have to pay anything for the privilege, and that is a massive bonus during the early stages of a company where money is tight.
- Secondly, Linux is a light alternative compared to Windows and other popular operating systems available today.
Of course, lots of entrepreneurs worry they won’t have access to some of the essential software packages if they make that move. However, as you will discover throughout this post, there are plenty of similar tools that will cover all the bases.
Alternatives to Microsoft Word
All company bosses will require access to a word processing tool if they want to ensure the smooth running of their operation according to the latest article from Fareed Siddiqui. You’ll need that software to write business plans, letters, and many other jobs within your firm. Thankfully, there are a variety of alternatives you might like to select if you opt for the Linux operating system. Some of the most popular ones include:
- LibreOffice Writer
So, you just need to read some online reviews and then download the best word processor based on your findings. Of course, if you’re not satisfied with the solution, you should take a look at some of the other ones on that list. In many instances, any of the programs mentioned above should work well.
Alternatives to Microsoft Excel
- LibreOffice Calc
Alternatives to Adobe Photoshop
Other software solutions that you’ll want to consider
- Inkscape – similar to Coreldraw
- LibreOffice Base – similar to Microsoft Access
- LibreOffice Impress – similar to Microsoft PowerPoint
- File Roller – siThis is a contributed postmilar to WinZip
- Linphone – similar to Skype
This is a contributed post